To work in a fast paced, safety conscientious, energetic work environment with a strong emphasis on team work.
Founded in 1957, Broda Group of Companies is a growing Saskatchewan based Mining and Heavy Construction Company, with an operating equipment fleet of over 400 units and growing. Broda specializes in contract mining, infrastructure development involving heavy and civil construction and aggregate processing.
Opportunities for these positions are located in British Columbia.
Wages are competitive with industry standards complete with health benefit package, group RRSP contributions and work scheduling to balance quality of life.
Candidate’s duties will involve:
- Safely and productively operate equipment in a team environment
- Complete daily equipment checks and general housekeeping of equipment
- Reporting to the Site Superintendent, the Shift Supervisor is accountable for assigning work and co-supervising production crews of approximately 25 people to ensure production objectives are realized in a safe and cost effective manner
- Keep records of all aspects of production achieved on his/her shift per the daily shift log, as well as special reports as required
- Actively participate on Broda Group’s Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Work with crew members to achieve key targets in safety and ensure all employees know, understand and comply with all safety rules and policies and be held accountable for adherence to all safety polices.
- All other duties as assigned
- Possess a valid Shift Boss Certificate
- Possess a valid BC Mine Rescue Certificate
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence, with a preference to a Class 3 Driver’s Licence with air brake endorsement
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in open pit mining
- Past experience in the operation of the equipment and the ability to understand mining plans.
- Basic computer literacy, the ability to communicate via email, use spread sheets and word documents as required.
- Exhibit Core values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace
- Ability to complete preventative maintenance checklists
- Ability to maintain focus on tasks at hand
- Ability to act upon observations and relate appropriate Company policies and procedures to situation
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Ability and flexibility to work varied shifts, including weekends
We are poised for growth and need your talent and expertise. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply in confidence via website, fax, mail, or email to:
Attn. Human Resources
Broda Group of Companies
4271 5th Ave East
Prince Albert, Sask.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com