To work in a fast paced, safety conscientious, energetic work environment with a strong emphasis on teamwork.
Founded in 1957, Broda Group of Companies is a growing Saskatchewan based Mining and Heavy Construction Company, with an operating equipment fleet of over 400 units and growing. Broda specializes in contract mining, infrastructure development involving heavy and civil construction and aggregate processing.
Opportunities for these positions are located in British Columbia
Wages are competitive with industry standards complete with health benefit package, group RRSP contributions and work scheduling to balance quality of life.
Candidate’s duties will involve:
- Safely and productively operate heavy equipment in a team environment
- Complete daily equipment checks and general housekeeping of equipment
- Knowledgeable and use practices consistent with company policies and procedures for Surface Blasting.
- Adhere to all Federal and Provincial regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of ANFO (Ammonium Nitrate – Fuel Oil) blasting agents, blasting practices, and mining / quarry industry principles.
- Ability to complete daily Blasting Reports, inventory records, and other appropriate documentations
- Communicate regularly with Project Superintendents and Shift Supervisors
- Design, layout, prepare and detonate planned explosive related blasts with correct products, measured quantities, safe application & effective use of explosives in alignment with Company policies
- All other duties as assigned
- Must hold a valid Work Safe B.C. Blaster’s Certificate
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence, with a preference to a Class 3 Driver’s Licence with air brake endorsement
- BC Mine Rescue Certificate would be a preferred qualification.
- Completion of high school (Grade 12) with extensive experience in mining / blasting environment
- Minimum of one year of related explosives industry work.
- Exhibit Core values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence
- Ability to complete preventative maintenance checklists
- Ability to maintain focus on tasks at hand
- Ability to act upon observations and relate appropriate Company policies and procedures to situation
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Ability and flexibility to work varied shifts, including weekends
We are poised for growth and need your talent and expertise. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply in confidence via our website, fax, mail, or email to:
Attn. Human Resources
Broda Group of Companies
4271 5th Ave East
Prince Albert, Sask.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org