To work in a fast paced, safety conscientious, energetic work environment with a strong emphasis on teamwork.
Founded in 1957, Broda Group of Companies is a growing Saskatchewan based Mining and Heavy Construction Company, with an operating equipment fleet of over 400 units and growing. Broda specializes in contract mining, infrastructure development involving heavy and civil construction and aggregate processing.
Opportunities for these positions are located in British Columbia
Wages are competitive with industry standards complete with health benefit package, group RRSP contributions and work scheduling to balance quality of life.
Candidate’s duties will involve;
- Communicate regularly with project Superintendents and project Construction Safety Officer to determine site safety needs and to act as a safety resource
- Good working knowledge of site Emergency Response Plans and the role of the first aid attendant in those plans.
- Provide care for people who are injured or become ill at work.
- Assist site CSO to complete First Aid Records for all injuries attended to and report to project Superintendents
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety Regulations/Standards that pertain to their job
- At all times maintain first aid kit, MTC and site first aid station inventory items
- Cleanliness and maintenance of all first aid facilities, MTC and equipment
- Provide assistance to the site CSO with matters related to injured workers and the graduated return to work programs.
- Actively participate on Broda Group’s Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
- Assist the site CSO to perform annual health and safety audits on project worksites.
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum Level 3 Occupational First Aid Certification
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Class 5 Driver’s license a must, Class 4 an asset
- Certificates such as the following are an asset: H2S alive, Confined Space entry and rescue, CSTS, Fall Protection, B.C Mines Rescue Certification
- Must be physically and mentally capable of safely and effectively performing the required duties. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Proven ability to maintain confidences and ensure confidentiality of information and records.
- Exhibit Core values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence
- Basic computer literacy, the ability to communicate via email, use spread sheets and word documents as required.
- Ability to complete preventative maintenance checklists
- Ability to maintain focus on tasks at hand
- Ability to act upon observations and relate appropriate Company policies and procedures to situation
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Ability and flexibility to work varied shifts, including weekends
We are poised for growth and need your talent and expertise. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply in confidence via our website, fax, mail, or email to:
Attn. Human Resources
Broda Group of Companies
4271 5th Ave East
Prince Albert, Sask.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com