We are seeking expressions of interest from an experienced blaster in our Quarry Division. Preference will be given to those with 5+ years blasting experience.
Wages are competitive with industry standards complete with a health benefit package, group RRSP contributions and work scheduling to balance quality of life.
Successful candidates will be responsible for working in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
- Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment – This includes operating in adverse terrain, weather conditions, and/or near other equipment and utilities
- Perform equipment inspections and servicing including start-up inspections, performing preventative maintenance, and ensuring good housekeeping
- Recognize existing and potential hazards and how to identify these through conducting Field Level Hazard Assessments
- Interpret verbal and non-verbal communication (hand signals)
- Be knowledgeable of ANFO (Ammonium Nitrate – Fuel Oil) blasting agents, blasting procedures, and mining / quarry industry principles
- Design, layout, prepare and execute planned explosive related blasts with the correct products, measured quantities, safe applications, and effective use of explosives in alignment with company procedures
- Adhere to all Federal and Provincial regulatory and safety policies and procedures
- Complete blast reports, inventory records and other appropriate documentation
- Demonstrate the ability to work under minimal supervision
- WorkSafe BC Blaster’s Certificate
- Class 5 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement
- BC Mine Rescue, Standard First Aid, Transportation Endorsement, TDG, Ground Disturbance and CSTS would be preferred qualifications
- Position is located near Cranbrook, BC
- Shift work including evenings and weekends
Founded in 1957, the Broda Group of Companies is a growing Saskatchewan based Heavy Construction Company, with an operating equipment fleet of over 400 units. Broda specializes in contract mining, infrastructure development involving heavy and civil construction, aggregate processing, and energy services.
We are poised for growth with your talent and expertise. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please click the link below!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com